Moodle is a free and open-source learning management system written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License. Developed on pedagogical principles, Moodle is used for blended learning, distance education, flipped classroom and other e-learning projects in schools, universities, workplaces and other sectors.
Features of Moodle
- Customisable site design and layout.
- Secure authentication and mass enrolment.
- Bulk course creation and easy backup.
- Manage user roles and permissions.
- Supports open standards.
- Simple plugin management.